- Baanchang Elephant’s Paradise Resort volunteer program gives a volunteer the opportunity to live and work as a full time mahout. As the volunteer works with and learns about the elephants, they will be given increased responsibilities as appropriate.
- This program is for people who really love elephants. Baanchang Elephant’s Paradise Resort believes that our elephants are our most important responsibility and our first priority is always their welfare and happiness. This means that all our volunteers will have the opportunity to interact closely with the elephants during their stay. Volunteers can play with the elephants and see their natural behaviour. All volunteers will be accompanied or assisted by professional mahouts at all times.
- The volunteers are expected to be able to look after themselves. We will help with cooking and the volunteer can become a member of the Baanchang Elephant’s Paradise Resort family.
- Sometimes we have pregnant females and baby elephants. Please check our webpage or Face Book for any updates.
- Before breakfast clean the elephant’s area and feed the elephants.
- Breakfast is between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m.
After breakfast :
- Learn and practice elephant control commands
- Cutting of food in the jungle
- Feeding the elephants
- Bathing the elephants
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. have lunch
After lunch :
- Feed the elephants
- Take the elephants to the river to bath them
- Clean the elephants’ areas
- Possible volunteer will plant grass in the jungle
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. have dinner
After dinner :
- Feed the elephants and clean up their areas
- Feed elephants before going to bed
Note : The schedule can change depending on circumstances.
Price for 1 week : 11,200 Baht/Person.
Price for 2 weeks : 22,400 Baht/Person.
Price for 30 days : 48,000 Baht/Person.
Include : Mahout clothes, transportation, insurance, food and English speaking guides.
Bring : Sun glasses, sun block lotion, insect spray, sandals or flip-flops or water shoes, camera, hat and a change of underwear.
Please note :
- Some visitors may experience skin allergies or mild sensitivities as a result of riding the elephants. If you suffer from sensitive skin we recommend that you wear legging style trousers beneath the clothing we provide as an extra precaution.